Sunday, March 16, 2008

Egnatia Street Two Part

I preferred to call it otherwise than "second part" since i am occupied by TWO subjects, TWO cities and... let’s say two women!!!

Saturday, Saint Theodor’s day and i have decided that i will not get out of the house by any means... You say so? The family has decided that we will go for dinner in order to celebrate the cousin Theodor’s day and the fate has decided that... "meeting you will have, person sweet you will see and way you have to do...on foot however, long!” These are the exact words of a Russian-Pontiac (or Greek-Pontiac, if you like, don’t stick to that) old woman that came for a coffee to a neighbor.

The dinner took place, even if i was bored, even if the celebrating cousin was tired, even if the “cousin in law” (female cousin’s boy friend) had too much to drink and became tedious. Thank God, in the opposite corner there was a table with two blond ladies and they were making the environment beautiful (RESPECT).

Back to home and a sms rings on my mobile around 12. It’s her, she came for a visit in Thessaloniki and wants to see me... Why not? Besides, I may owe her, because thanks to her i passed three incredible months in Komotini (even if i was a soldier in Xanthi, i "passed my nights" in Komotini).

It was possibly the fate’s desire, perhaps i had simply caused it, but i didn’t have the motor bike (my brother had it). My cousin took me to the "appointment", i got together with K. , we had a stroll, we walked, perhaps we held hand by hand, unwilling, unconsciously, without realizing it, without thinking about it and without having it bothering us at all... perhaps with the same way we found ourselves hugging, having our lips connected, after two drinks... And perhaps with the same way, we said "good bye, we will talk", later...

The way back was long, precisely as the old “coffee” woman had predicted, since i looove to walk in the center of Thessaloniki, late in the night. Usually i have earphones in my ears, tonight however i didn’t (i had forgotten them at home). It doesn’t matter, i will listen a little to the hubbub of Tsimiski, the silent sound of Venizelou and afterwards the voice of my beloved Egnatia...

Somewhere around there, i think that K. from Komotini makes me feel... a child? Insane? Young? (not that the years passed over me, but you understand what i mean). And somewhere around there i think that... there are also you... You, from Thessaloniki, who make me feel sexy, a man, a doctor, serious as much as paranoid, but... "once you turn me on, once you turn me off" as a song goes (oh, my God, did i say that?).

So, Komotini VS Thessaloniki. Feet VS taxi. No respectively, no reversely, but the taxi gained. In order to decide if i will take a taxi, i raise the hand and count to 100. I wish it was possible to raise my hand, to count to 100 and the one that would touch it first would gain...

As it seems, i will have to count to 100... years in order to see who will make the move, who will accept my soft and warm hand, but then again... it maybe gets tired and it falls alone and heavy... It doesn’t matter, at least i know that i will continue walking on my beloved Egnatia!!!


P.S. 1: The last couple of weeks i go to bed only after i see the dawn and i was very happy tonight because i was walking while the first light made it’s appearance...

P.S. 2: Songs unfortunately, are not included tonight... it’s late!!!

P.S. 3: Just as i finished the text, i reread it and i remembered an old Serbian maxim: "the train goes on one track... if it goes on two, it runs off the track"... if you have a dilemma, leave it, find a third solution...

No comments: