Friday, January 18, 2008

Egnatia street...

After a "movie-dinner-nice conversation" evening with a good girlfriend,i found myself walking around 3:30 am on Egnatia street,in the center of Thessaloniki.


I was whispering the song Xanomai while walking and observing around...a young couple was laughing loud while chasing each other on the other side of the street,a middle aged woman had just opened her mini market and was dusting off some potato chips bags(i didn't know people do that),an old man was walking beside me,swearing about the Greek government,the young people and the new generation,some cars where driving,taking people to their early morning jobs or to their homes,full of alcohol,smoke and music...


It was then,when i realized that i have missed the late night walks,the late night life of Thessaloniki with all the funny,ugly,beloved or stupid acts-people-things someone can see or meet in this city...and then...

A taxi came by.I took it...came home,in my cell,in my cave,in my loneliness again...and it was late..."Shit,i have to sleep...i have so many things to do tomorrow..and i have to start studying again..." i thought...

Well,i didn't do any of what i was thinking about when i fell in sleep..But the only thing that i am going right now to do is..take another walk on Egnatia street!!!

No comments: